Tips for reading to little ones between 1-2 years old.
- 1-2 year olds love interactive lift and see books so they can take part in the story.
- Choose books that are short but have engaging pictures to keep your child interested.
- Read books with everyday items in them, like cars or pets. Point them out to your child and name them.
- Snuggle up with your child and get them to hold the book or turn the pages.
- Choose books that use repetition and rhyme - emphasise the rhyming words as you read.